If you are using Payroll Batch Loader (PBL) for loading employee expenses, payroll and loans etc., then you might be interested to know that Oracle is retiring PBL in 20 D. You read that correctly, moving forward, you will not be able to use PBL for employee payroll/expense/loans data load. The PBL won’t work from 20 D (Doc ID 2016702.1), and as a result you will need to replace your current solution using HCM Data Loader.
Here is a use case where Apps Associates has implemented an integration solution to automate a customer’s payroll process through HDL.
Customer Business Problem:
Our Customer was using a third party system for generating employees’ expenses. The system was designed to generate employee expense data into a CSV which runs bi-weekly. The customer’s HR team reviewed the extracted expenses data, converted the file into the payroll batch loader (PBL) format and loaded it into Oracle. The customer was using Excel to convert the CSV data into PBL format manually.
As Oracle is retiring PBL in its 20D release, payroll data should be loaded using HDL templates instead of PBL. However, it is not an easy task for a HR team to convert the data into HDL format as it is a complex data structure. If it is done manually, there is a possibility of human errors.
Apps Associates Solution:
In order to provide a solution, we followed below steps:
- Find out the HDL data elements from the generated PBL file
- Define the mapping between CSV data elements and HDL data elements
- Design and implement an integration process to convert the third party system generated CSV file into HDL format.
- Using Oracle HCM web services/connectors, load the converted HDL data into Oracle
Apps Associates Recommendation to Customer:
- After HR reviews the file generated from the payroll system, they should encrypt the file using Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) encryption as it has sensitive information like employee information
- The automation process will read the encrypted file from the SFTP server and archives the file on the SFTP server as an/ encrypted file
- Once this process completes, it will notify users of the process status along with any errors.
Apps Associates followed the above approach and implemented the solutions for this customer and was successful. The model was adapted for various customers using different middleware tools successfully.
If you have a challenge like this and would like to learn more about Apps Associates Integration Solutions – click here
Keshav Chittipolu is a Senior Consultant in the Integrations Practice at Apps Associates. He has about 10 years of extensive experience in various technologies like MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Oracle SOA, OIC, Oracle BPM, Tibco, Java/J2EE. He has been providing integrations solutions to various clients. He is a certified MuleSoft Integration Developer and Dell Boomi Architect. He also has working experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12 and Oracle Fusion cloud in Financials, HCM, Service Contracts, CRM modules.