Migrating and hosting Oracle Business Applications on the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud isn’t something to fear. We make the transition as easy as possible for our clients regardless of industry, company size, or existing infrastructure. Experience counts when it comes to cloud migration and we’ve completed dozens of migrations so we know all the pitfalls to avoid. Here are some examples:
Let’s start with a company that provides diving and marine lifesaving equipment for military, scientists, and first responders. They had an on-premises data center with infrastructure stability concerns so they started to migrate to AWS themselves but needed help to complete the project. We migrated, tested, and deployed their Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) workload in under six weeks and now we provide Cloud Managed Services for their entire Oracle EBS solution and all their other AWS workloads..
Next up is a biotech company where we implemented a green field Oracle E-Business Suite solution on AWS with Oracle Single sign-on. They chose the AWS cloud to avoid the expense of buying and maintaining the required hardware infrastructure for their new EBS solution. They kept us on board with our Cloud Managed Services and they plan to continue production operations on AWS with four additional Oracle EBS solutions.
A computer software company that helps pharmaceutical companies and research organizations conduct clinical trials needed help to deploy Oracle Hyperion for EPM. Cost reduction was their primary motivator when choosing the cloud. Apps Associates’ solution (a fully hosted and managed Oracle Hyperion on AWS) was the only option that met their tight budget constraints. This relationship is continuing and now we provide Cloud Managed Services and our client is planning additional application migrations to AWS.
Here are five quick examples of additional cloud migrations.
1. Installed an Oracle WebCenter custom integration platform and portal on AWS and provided Cloud Managed Services for a global leading franchisor of quick service restaurants.
2. Deployed, from on-premises to AWS, an Oracle Disaster Recovery platform for a service provider in the meetings and conventions industry. We also provide database managed services.
3. Migrated a complete Data center to AWS (and provided Cloud Managed Services) with workloads across ERP, BI, Service Management and back office applications for the North American operations of a global manufacturer of printers and digital copiers.
4. Tested, developed, and deployed a new Oracle Business Intelligence solution and provided Cloud Managed Services for a company that makes sensors and controls for manufacturers in the automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, and HVAC markets.
5. Migrated a transportation and logistics publication’s company from a third party hosted solution to Oracle E-Business Suite on AWS (and provided Cloud Managed Services).