We’ve recently helped many customers migrate their applications to the cloud. Here are their stories:
Apps Associates has been helping PTC with AWS expertise and Oracle DBA consultants to install three Hyperion environments – Development, User Acceptance Testing and Production all on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
This solution included:
- Designing and building the AWS Hosted Platform – Primary and Disaster Recovery regions
- Launch AWS Servers
- Install and configure storage for AWS servers
- Complete Operating System Pre-requisites
- Install Hyperion 220.127.116.11 instances with SQL Server RDBMS
- Setup Disaster Recovery for the Production Instance
This will give PTC a cost effective and flexible cloud environment for their Oracle Hyperion solution.
Cobham is migrating Oracle E-Business Suite to the AWS cloud with the help of Apps Associates consultants who have completed more than 30 such migrations.
Apps Associates is also providing cloud managed services such as level 1 triage for Oracle E-Business Suite on the AWS cloud, including Oracle service request creation, tracking and updates.
Apps Associates consultants are also providing design and quality assurance for application enhancements and managing any non-technical issues or concerns from users. Finally, Apps Associates is providing knowledge transfer and training to Cobham’s own DBA and technical team for patches, service requests and any other required technical assistance.
Vivendi Ticketing needed Cloud Managed Services for their AWS cloud environment to optimize performance while minimizing costs.
Apps Associates provided AWS engineers, System Administrators and Oracle DBAs. Apps Associates also provided Infrastructure Managed Services including Linux and Windows administration. This comprises Operating System installation and configuration, patch management, disk configuration and installation of third party software like cloud monitoring products. Security management, including the implementation of Operating System security patches and vulnerability analysis with remediation services, was also included.
Apps Associates helped Antech Diagnostics to migrate their Oracle database from an on-premises AIX platform to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. This was done in two stages. Firstly, Apps Associates designed and built a test and development environment and then created the AWS infrastructure for Antech’s production database.
For each phase Apps Associates completed the following steps:
- Completed a detailed study of the current database platform for performance, feature usage and security
- Design optimal AWS based infrastructure & storage
- Configure AWS DMS based replication platform
- Configure and deploy Linux based Oracle environment
- Replication of the on-premises Oracle DB to AWS
- Configure required monitoring, backups and maintenance operations on AWS
- Support application testing on AWS
- Create a roadmap for production migration
- Migrate production database and setup DMS replication from on-premises database to AWS database
Apps Associates continues to grow their partnership with AWS, helping more and more customers to migrate their business critical applications to the cloud.